These are some of our ongoing activities at St. Philip’s:
- Peacemeal is every third Sunday at Trinity Solebury. We participate in this dinner for people in our community living with HIV/AIDS, which provides not only a meal but also loving, non-judgemental fellowship. Please see Paul Licitra.
- Food pantry items and small (or large!) cash donations in support of local anti-poverty efforts are collected in the back of the church anytime.
- Choir practice is almost every Thurday at 7 PM. Even those who aren’t professionals are welcome to help lead the community’s singing.
- Ministry of Food prepares and delivers home-cooked meals to the homebound and others who need this service. See Charlene Chapman.
- Readers are needed for our scripture selections and for the Prayers of the People. There’s a signup sheet in the back.
- Flowers and hospitality are two other ministries you can sign up for in the back of church.
- Adult Forum/Bible study takes place in the church between Eucharist on Sunday mornings.
- The Labyrinth offers a way of prayer and reflection that many people find deeply meaningful.
It was created in the fall of 2008 by a group of parishioners led by Liz, and Hank contributed the stone plate at the center.
Read more about labyrinths.
- Altar Guild is always looking for people to help set up for services.
See Kate Shields or Beryl Sortino for more information.
- Ministry of Food, coordinated by Charlene Chapman, prepares and delivers meals to the homebound.
Talk to Charlene if you’re willing to prepare or deliver food,
or if you or someone you know would be helped by this service.
There’s a form to collect basic information about what’s needed.
- Memorial Garden is a resting place for our own saints here in the parish.
This is a green memorial garden so there will be no containers buried here as we honor both the earth and the members of the community.
See Rev. Michael Ruk for more information.
- Prayer list is updated weekly. See Rev. Michael Ruk.
- Adult Children of Alcoholics meets every Sunday evening from 6:30 to 7:30 in the church.
- AA meets every Tuesday evening from 7:30-8:30 in the church.
- Parish directories are available in the back of the church.